Study in the USA

If you are interested in study in the USA, the first thing to do is research the school or program that is best for you. Only schools that are certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program are authorized to accept international students.

Acceptance from the School

Once you receive acceptance to a Student and Exchange Visitor Program-certified school, your designated school official (DSO) will give you a document called a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status”. The Form I-20 is a paper record of your information in the database called SEVIS. Each school that accepts you will mail you a Form I-20. Before you apply to pay the I-901 student fee, you must select one school and use that Form I-20 to pay the I-901 fee and to apply for the correct student visa.

Paying your Fee

Regulation requires all prospective F and M students to pay the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee before the Department of State issues you a visa.

Applying for a Visa

After being accepted to an SEVP-certified school and getting a receipt for payment of the I-901 fee, you can apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.

The United States supports international education and welcomes foreign students and exchange visitors. Before applying for a visa, students and exchange visitors must be accepted by their schools or program sponsors.

Student Visas F M

For academic and vocational studies.

  1. Overview
  2. How to Apply
  3. Fees
  4. Required Documentation
  5. Spouses and Children

Your Trip to USA

Before you leave for the United States, familiarize yourself with the different kinds of documents you might need. It is always a good idea to carry your original documents with you at all times. Do not put them in your checked baggage.

It is also a good idea to make at least two sets of copies of these documents: one copy to leave with your family before you depart and one copy to give to your school officials. Here is a list of the important immigration documents:

• Passport

• Visa

Form I-20

• “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status”

Study in the USA is a dream come true!

Arriving in USA

Arriving in the United States should be a smooth experience if you have everything ready.

Form I-94

The Form I-94, “Arrival/Departure Record” is a critical record. It shows that you have been legally admitted to the United States, the class of admission, and the authorized period of stay. It is very important that the information on the record is correct. Inconsistencies between the information on the Form I-94 and Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) records can reduce the chances of a successful systems interface. In particular, this can cause issues with status verification for Social Security numbers.

You have 30 days to enter the country before your official program start date, which is recorded in SEVIS. You must report to your school by the program start date listed on the Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status” you received. This is one of the rules you agree to when you received your student or exchange visitor status. If you do not follow this rule, you are not maintaining your status.

It is best to contact your school immediately after entering the country so that there is no question of your arrival.

Contact us for more information if you wish to study in the USA.

Education Providers that We Represent in the USA

American English College
American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA)
BAU International University
Baylor University
Berkeley College
Brandeis University IBS
Bridge Education Group
California University of Management and Sciences
Campus Education
Capital University (through Bridge Education Group Package)
City College of New York
Claremont Graduate University
Colorado Mesa University (through Bridge Education Group Package)
Concordia University
Concordia University, St. Paul (through Bridge Education Group Package)
English as a Second Language International (ELSI)
Global Village English Centres – USA
Grand Valley State University
Green River College
Highline College
Iona College
James Madison University
Kaplan International North America
Kennedy Catholic High School
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
Lane Community College
Lipscomb University
Long Island University
Manhattan Institute of Management
Manhattanville College (through Bridge Education Group Package)
Metropolitan State University of Denver (through Bridge Education Group Package)
Murray State University
Music Institute International (MI College of Contemporary Music)
Oglethorpe University
Rennert International Adult English Tuition, Miami
Rennert International Adult English Tuition, NYC
Rennert International Adult Referral Bookings, NYC & Miami
Rennert International Arts+ Courses (Dance, Fashion, Music, Make-Up, Photography, Ballet, Salsa, Yoga)
Rennert International Arts+ Courses (Filmmaking, Acting)
Rennert International Teen Programs, NYC & Miami
Rennert International TESOL
Rennert International Volunteering Placement Fees, NYC & Miami
Rivier University
Roosevelt University International Study Centre
Southern New Hampshire University
St George’s University
St. John Bosco High School
St. Mary’s University
Tennessee Technological University
Texas A&M University
Texas Wesleyan University
The Los Angeles Film School
The University of Idaho
The University of Vermont
University of Arizona
University of Charleston
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
University of Minnesota
University of Nebraska, Lincoln
University of Redlands
University of St Thomas
Valencia College
Virginia International University
Washburn University
West Virginia University
Western New England University (through Bridge Education Group Package)
Western Washington University
Widener University